Wednesday, September 26, 2007

#21 Discover some useful tools for locating podcasts

Today I looked at Podcast.net and Yahoo Podcasts. Yahoo Podcasts will be disappearing on October 31st, so I spent very little time reviewing it. I was totally unaware of the quantity and popularity of Podcasts. I have heard of new programs, etc talking about having podcasts available for listening and viewing, but never took the time to really look at what is available. What a great way to listen to a show whenever and where ever is convenient. I also found quite a lot of junk on the sites. It was be easy to spend hours just browsing through what is available.I don't think this is a technology that I would use very often, but is a good to be aware of it. I did add a podcast to my bloglines page, just to see if I could. I needed to refer back to Maryland Libraries Learning 2.0 page for a refresher, so this was a good exercise to redo an item. Here is the link to my bloglines account. http://www.bloglines.com/myblogs

No comments: